Secure Login

Email Address

Forgot your password?

Don't have an Account?
Signing up is easy, fast and secure.



Tenant Frequently Asked Questions

What are the Application Requirements?

IMPORTANT: All application fees are non-refundable.

Credit Score: All applicants must have a score (individual) of 600 or above to qualify. If derogatory credit history (excluding medical and student loan debt) then an increased deposit -OR- co-signer may be requested.

Income: All applicants must earn a minimum of 3 times the monthly rent. A co-signer and/or a double deposit will be asked for if the income is not 3 times the rent.

Criminal: Criminal, Sex Offense, and Terrorist Database Check: We will check these databases for all occupants over 18. We do not rent to any person required to register as a sex offender. Criminal backgrounds involving violent crimes, prostitution, domestic violence, arson and/or involving the possession of weapons or illegal substances are all grounds for denial of an application.

Rental History: 12 months valid, verifiable rental history.  Valid rental history is a written lease or month-to-month agreement with a non-friend or non-relative.  No evictions allowed.

Pets: Pets are only allowed at the owners discretion, no dogs of an aggressive breed are allowed.    When or if a pet is allowed there will be a $200 non-refundable pet fee and $200 refundable pet deposit per allowed pet.

Applications: We operate on a first come/first serve basis. We do not refund application payments, so make sure you ask all necessary questions prior to submitting an application to our company.  Approved applications will be open for 6 months.

Can I apply for a property “sight unseen”?

No properties will be rented “sight unseen”. If you apply for a property without viewing it first, your application will be denied and the application fee retained.

The accuracy of the property advertisements and their current availability can only be verified by visiting  All other outside sources may not have up-to-date information.

All photos are of the actual properties unless noted but are only representative of the size and space of the interior. Applicants must view the property in person to determine if the size and space of the property is acceptable to their needs and wants.

How do I apply to rent?

Each applicant over the age of 18 must fill out an individual application AND pay a non-refundable application fee of $50. Application fees must be received before the application can be processed.

Will I sign a lease?

Yes, for most of our properties you will sign a 12 month lease that covers our responsibilities to each other throughout our tenancy. Lease signings are done by appointment or electronically only. After your application is accepted, your deposit is received, and your lease is signed, we’ll hand you the keys to your home!

Are There Dog Breed Restrictions?

Yes, “Restricted Breed Of Dog” shall mean any American Pit bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, American Wolf dog, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American Bulldog (Old Country Bulldog), Dogo Argentino, Canary Dog (Canary Island Dog, Presa Canario, Perro De Presa Canario), Presa Mallorquin (Perro de Presa Mallorquin, Ca De Bou), Timber Shepherd, Chow-Chow, Rottweiler, Doberman Pinscher, Akita, Tosa Inu (Tosa Fighting Dog, Japanese Fighting Dog, Japanese Mastiff), Cane Corso (Cane Di Macellaio, Sicilian Branchiero), Fila Brasileiro or any dog displaying the majority of physical traits of any one (1) or more of the above breeds. This list is subject to change.

Once I sign a lease, how much grace period will I be given before my rent is considered late?

If you have signed a lease with our company the rent is due and payable on the 1st of each month and considered late if not received by the 5th of the month. Late fees are $25 dollars on the 6th and $5 per day thereafter, for all non-mobile home properties.  Mobile home property late fee structure will be $50 dollars on the 6th and  $5 per day thereafter.

If we take over management of a property and you already have a lease in place, your current lease is in effect and the terms may different. Please refer to your lease.

I am an excellent resident and take good care of the home. Can you waive my late charges?

No. We do not waive late charges. Fair Housing laws require that we treat all our residents equally. We cannot decide if one resident is more deserving than another of paying late charges, therefore we enforce late charges across the board.

Can I pay the rent in cash?

No. We do not accept cash, but offer all tenants the ability to pay online or mail or bring to our office a check or money order.  If a check or money order are mailed through the US Post Office, the date we receive the mail is the official date, not the post marked date.

How much and how often can a rental increase be given? Also, is there a ceiling on the amount of any given increase? If so, what is the highest amount?

No rental increases can be given until the initial lease term has expired. After the lease has expired, an increase of any amount can be assessed. We feel we are reasonable with our increases, depending on market conditions and the owners requests.

How do I request maintenance for a repair?

All non-emergency repair requests are required to be put in writing via your online Tenant Portal or in person at our office. The Landlord is not obligated to complete a repair on a day other than a business day but we do attempt to assign work orders to our independent vendors as quickly as possible.

Do you have an emergency phone line?

Yes we do, all after hours emergencies can be reported by calling our main office number (360) 384-4663 and follow the prompts. According to the lease agreement an emergency is something related to the condition of the Property that materially affects the physical health or safety of an ordinary tenant. A repair to the heating and air conditioning system is not ordinarily an emergency, but is weather dependent. Do not use the emergency number to report non-emergency repairs.

What is considered an emergency?

The following are examples of maintenance emergencies. The main sewer line is backed up and water is coming into the home. A pipe broke and water is leaking into the home. The heat has stopped working during weather colder than 32 degrees. Being locked out of your home is not an emergency and you will be instructed to contact a locksmith.

Can I be charged for maintenance at the property?

Yes, if resident damage or neglect causes the maintenance issue, you will be charged for it. Also, you can be billed for a service call if you miss an appointment with one of our maintenance contractors.

What if I have a “special situation”?

We understand that from time to time tenants have financial difficulties, health problems or other emergencies. Although we sympathize with the situation, we are legally bound to follow the lease agreement. Please do not place us in the difficult position of denying a request for an exception to the lease agreement because we cannot grant an exception. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Can the management or management representatives, such as repair and or maintenance people, enter my home when I am not at home?

There are a number of reasons why property managers or maintenance staff may need to enter your home, but we will always attempt to alert you before entering. According to your lease, anyone authorized by Landlord will attempt to first contact the Tenant, but may enter the Property at reasonable times without notice to make emergency repairs.  We show property to prospective tenants or buyers, inspectors, fire marshals, lenders, appraisers, or insurance agents with a posted notice or prior confirmation from a tenant on the lease. With tenant permission to enter, we will give a vendor a key to enter the unit to perform any maintenance work needed.

Do I need to get renters insurance?

Yes. All tenants are asked to obtain renters insurance prior to moving into the property.  Any damange to personal belongings, regardless of the nature of the maintenance issue causing the damage, will be the tenants sole responsibility.  (Including any temporary housing which may be needed.)

Whose responsibility is it to take care of the lawn?

Unless otherwise stated in your lease it is your responsibility to take care of the lawn, which includes watering it on a regular basis, mowing and weeding as needed. If you let the grass die, you may be responsible to re-sod the yard. You will also be responsible for all fall leaf clean up and snow removal of your sidewalks and driveways.

Can I get a roommate later on?

You may be able to have a roommate, but first they have to be approved through the office with our office application process. We must know who is occupying the property. The roommate must fill out our rental application, pay the application fee and be approved through our screening process. Failure to fulfill the above mentioned requirements may result in additional fines and possibily termination of your lease.

What happens if my roommate moves out before the end of the lease?

If your roommate moves out, a written notice needs to be submitted to the property manager and appropriate penalties paid.  Remember that tenants are jointly and singularly liable to ensure that the rent is paid. You must have written permission from the property manager to substitute a roommate.

Can I get a pet after move-in or add an additional pet?

You will need to contact our office to discuss the addition of a pet to your lease agreement. This may or may not be possible.

Can I paint the walls another color?

Requests to paint the walls a different color must be in writing and requires the owner’s consent. Also you will need to let us know which wall or rooms and we will require an additional deposit which is refundable if the wall or rooms are restored to the original color, unless you have approval from the office that you do not need to restore the paint.

Can I change the locks or add locks?

No! You cannot change the locks yourself. Re-keying the property without our permission is a serious lease violation.

All notices or requests by Tenant for rekeying, changing, installing, repairing, or replacing security devices must be in writing. Installation of additional security devices or additional rekeying or replacement of security devices desired by Tenant will be paid by the Tenant in advance and must be installed only by contractors authorized by our office.

What if I need to get out of my lease? Can I sublet?

It is our primary responsibility to act in the best interest of the property owner at all times. We understand that there are extenuating circumstances which may prevent a resident from fulfilling the term of their lease agreement. If you find that you are not able to fulfill the term of your lease agreement, please contact our office to discuss the situation as soon as possible. We do not allow subletting under any circumstances without our consent.

Can I still be held liable for my lease if I am being transferred by my job?

Yes, you can be liable for the remainder of the rent through the end of your lease or until the home is rented to another occupant.

Is there a military clause?

Yes. According to the lease agreement if Tenant is or becomes a service member or a dependent of a service member, Tenant may terminate this lease by delivering to Landlord a written notice of termination and a copy of an appropriate government document.

What happens at the end of my fixed term Lease?

A new fixed term lease will be offered at the Owner’s sole discretion. New leases will be sent out 30-90 days prior to lease expiring outlining any new lease terms including rent increases. It is not customary for any Owner to agree on a month to month term, most leases will be offered as 1 year fixed.

Do I have to give a written notice to vacate even if it is at the end of my lease?

Yes. The lease agreement stipulates you must give 20 days written notice or a next month of rent will be assessed.

When do I get my security deposit back?

All security deposits will be mailed within accordance with Washington State Law allotment.

I am renting a home where the landlord supplied the refrigerator and the refrigerator broke down. Who is responsible for the lost food, the landlord or the tenants?

If the refrigerator is a responsibility of the landlord and clearly specified in the contract, then landlord needs to repair or replace the refrigerator. However the landlord is not responsible for your food inside.

Refrigerators break down, regardless of who owns them. If it was your refrigerator, you’d have to pay for the spoiled food. If the unit stops working, it is your responsibility to find an alternative to store your food.

Refrigerators make excellent ice chests, buy some freezer-pack inserts and keep them frozen. Plan where you can buy some Dry Ice. Dry Ice is particularly useful for freezing and keeping things frozen. Contact your local grocery store to see if they carry Dry Ice.

Not only will taking these steps help when your refrigerator breaks down, it will help when we have power outages due to storms or other natural disasters.

If you have renters insurance you may want to check with your insurance company to see if food spoilage is covered.

What if I do not see the answer to my question here?

Please submit your question to us in writing at